Hong Kong, 19 March 2012 – Citrix Systems today announced a new release of its market-leading desktop virtualization solution, Citrix XenDesktop®. This new release fully integrates the personalisation technology acquired last year via Ringcube, as well as support for Microsoft System Center 2012. Citrix also announced the release of Citrix AppDNA™ 6 software for application migration management. XenDesktop and AppDNA software provide a rich set of tools and methodologies to dramatically accelerate enterprise-wide migrations to Windows 7 and beyond, giving enterprises a seamless way to design, deploy and manage virtual desktops and applications in existing operations.
The explosion of new applications, operating systems, devices and the people who use them is creating a myriad of problems for IT departments. They are left wondering how they will manage and support users in this rapidly changing environment. In this transition from the PC era to the cloud era, new technologies and methodologies are required to make this transition as seamless as possible. By delivering desktops, applications and data as a cloud-like service with XenDesktop, enterprises are able to quickly support existing and new applications, migrate to new operating systems and deliver corporate resources to billions of new devices coming into the workplace.
Citrix continues to drive innovation around desktop transformation, helping enterprises take advantage of the business benefits of desktop virtualization, including delivering IT services from the cloud, enabling mobile workstyles and improving business agility. With the market-leading XenDesktop and AppDNA software, Citrix delivers the solutions needed by enterprise customers who want to begin or accelerate their migration to Windows 7 and beyond, while gaining the mobility, flexibility, and management benefits of desktop virtualization.
New capabilities and solutions provide:
· The personalisation users demand, with the management and cost savings IT departments require – Consumerization has given rise to employees' demands for 'anywhere, anytime' access to corporate resources from any number of devices, including those owned by employees themselves. XenDesktop with Personal vDisk technology offers these users a personalised virtual desktop experience on a pooled desktop image. Personal apps, data and settings remain unchanged each time the user logs on, enabling broader enterprise-wide deployments of virtual desktops by storing a single copy of Windows centrally, and dynamically combining it with a personal vDisk for each employee. This enhances user personalisation while reducing storage costs and management complexity.
· Rapid assessment and migration of applications – The new Citrix AppDNA 6 software aligns with the Citrix Desktop Virtualization Assessment tool included as part of the Desktop Transformation Accelerator. This technology streamlines the discovery and usage requirements for existing applications and users and then feeds those apps into AppDNA software for deep compatibility analysis, remediation, packaging and lifecycle management. This process significantly reduces the time it takes to migrate users to new operating systems.
· Management of virtual desktops – As virtual desktops deployments increase in number and scale, customers are looking for an integrated management approach across their physical and virtual environments. With this new release, systems management integration between XenDesktop and Microsoft Systems Center 2012 makes the task of lifecycle management of both virtual and physical desktops simple and seamless.
Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 and Citrix AppDNA 6 software are available now and can be downloaded at www.citrix.com/xendesktop and www.citrix.com/appdna.
· Expert blogs covering aspects of the new release
· Announcement: Citrix Sets New Standard for Desktop Virtualization
Follow us online
· Citrix XenDesktop page
· Citrix AppDNA software page
· Citrix Desktop Transformation Accelerator page
· Twitter: @Citrix, @XenDesktop, @appdna, @CitrixCG,
· Citrix on Facebook
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
# # #
Citrix®, XenDesktop®, and Citrix AppDNA software are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.
Issued on behalf of Citrix Systems
by EBA Communications
For further information please contact:
Adam Barty / Lucille Li (EBA): (852) 2537 8022
Note to editors: this release can also be found on the EBA Web site at www.ebacomms.com For enquiries about receiving releases by email, please call Ivy Chong on (+852) 2537 8022 or send a message to email@example.com